1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[HELP] Using bandwidth of multiple users on a proxy network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sarazond, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarazond

sarazond Thread Starter

My college hostel has a broadband connection in each room, with individual servers, all of which are connected to a central server.Each hostel has a unique ip range(eg 10.3.14.1-10.3.14.255, and others like this, and students are allotted random ips). Each hostel has a particular proxy address that allows us to access the internand by low i mean, quite lowet, and each user has a fixed bandwidth(which is low). My question is, is there a way for one user of a particular hostel to use the bandwidth of multiple users of the same hostel(such that they are in the same ip range, and have the same proxy server for accessing the internet).

i.e Is there a way for me to increase my bandwidth by using the bandwidths of other non allocated ips within the range of my hostel, such that with a single broadband connection, i can utilize the the unallocated bandwidth.

ps - Theres one guy who knows how to do this, but he wont tell anyone.

pps - any help would be really appreciated, cause our allocated bandwidths are low, and by low, i mean quite low.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The bandwidth restrictions are probably deliberate, and we will not assist in circumventing them. If they are accidental then discuss this with the network administrators. Closing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice