Help: Using emachines T2984 Restore DVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SilverWolf240

Ok, I have a emachines T2984, and I used to have Windows XP Home Edition on it. However, several months ago I decided to put Ubuntu, and I tried to Dual boot it, but I did it wrong I completely got rid of XP. Now I need to get Windows back on my PC. I have a emachines T2984 Restore DVD, and on the back it says:

Microsoft(r) Works 8
Microsoft(r) Money 2004 Standard (For NA)
Microsoft(r) MSN(r) Encarta(r) Standard

Will I be able to reinstall Windows XP on my computer, or would I better off buying a new computer with Windows Vista?

Well, if it is truly a 'restore disc', it should have all the system files on it. Those MS applications it lists on it are most likely extra software included on the disc (which were probably preinstalled on the machine when you originally got it.

SilverWolf240

Well, is there a way to tell for sure? I'm only asking because my DVD-ROM is broken and it can't read anything at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online