1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Using Handbrake

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Shivana, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shivana

Shivana Thread Starter

Hey guys, I have to rip a DVD for my class assignment and splice two clips together, so my professor told use to use Handbrake to do it. However, when I click "open source", my dvd file isn't there. I downloaded a file called libdvdcss-2.dll to see if that would work and I keep trying to open it on my computer but my computer keeps saying that I don't have a program to open it with. What do I do?

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

In the open source drop down, try using open folder instead and browse to the VIDEO_TS folder. Some DVD's can be open directly but most you have to go to the VIDEO_TS for some reason.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You don't directly open dll files, you need to place them in the correct folder that the instructions indicate.

4. kenbok51

kenbok51

You put the libdvdcss-2.dll file in the root of the HandBreak directory so it can access it. make sure you get the one for your OS 32bit or 64Bit. If your not sure look to see where HandBreak was installed. If you installed the 32bit version it will be in Program Files (x86) the 64 bit would be in Program Files. I rename mine to libdvdcss.dll but I have seen it mentioned you don't have to, but I swear somewhere in the HandBreak forums they said to rename it. This page has links for both 32 and 64 bit a third of the way down. This is for css encrytion only it might not work depending on the protections your DVD has.
    https://www.winxdvd.com/resource/install-handbrake-libdvdcss-to-rip-dvd.htm

5. kenbok51

kenbok51

Here's something I found in my notes about using the dll file that may help.

Right-click the HandBrake shortcut on your desktop, and select “Run as administrator.” Accept the security elevation dialog.
    Open Tools > Preferences (or Options in my case) and go to the Advanced tab. Check “Disable LibDVDNav.”1

I looked in my HandBreak and It was not checked but I have another protections tool I run as well. These notes did say to rename it.
    I have also read in the HandBreak forums of users who had the dll working and it stopped when they switched to a new version of HandBreak. So an older version may be needed for this to work like version 9.x.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice