1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! Using HDTV as monitor, screen is blinking black then normal again!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jawn, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jawn

Jawn Thread Starter

Hi

Im new here so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Here is my problem:

I have just recently purchased a new Philips HDTV (32") and I have connected my pc to it via hdmi. I use a dvi-hdmi converter via the DVI port on my graphics card (NVIDIA XFX GeForce GTX 260).

The screen blinks and changes to black for a second usally displaying no signal or unsupported format in the top right hand side of the screen. Then it switches back to normal. The blinking happens randomly but never takes longer than a few minutes to happen.

I have all the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

One more thing I had a 32 inch tv before this one and it worked ok. It had issues with the text being blurry and it ended up blowing :D.

But any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :eek:

Jawn

2. Jawn

Jawn Thread Starter

OH and when gaming or watching videos/movies it gets worse!

3. By_Rock

By_Rock

Your computer screen display resolution has to be same with the HDTV. First of all check your HDTV highest display resolution from Internet (or NVidia Control Panel) and setup your video card display resolution same as HDTV highest display resolution. You can do that easily on NVidia Control Panel.

4. Jawn

Jawn Thread Starter

Okay, I will give that a shot

Thanks

5. Jawn

Jawn Thread Starter

No luck, it is still doing the same thing.

Any other ideas? I really need help

6. Jameseh

Jameseh

Change the PC resolution? If I hook my Sony VAIO FZ38M up via HDMI, I sometimes get flashing and no correct picture for a while, and often no mouse on either screen, change the resoultion to the highest possible on the PC.

7. Jawn

Jawn Thread Starter

It is on the highest, the problem is the screen flashes black and then normal again all the time.

I really don't know how to fix it.

Ive tried changing res and refresh rates nothing seems to help.

Oh and I can run it in safe mode without it blinking/flashing

8. By_Rock

By_Rock

Did you install N-Vidia Control Panel? If yes, you can easly setup at "SET UP MULTIPLE DISPLAY" section at left side of the screen. You gonna set your HDTV is primary and pc screen is secondary screen.

9. Jawn

Jawn Thread Starter

Yes, I have always had Nvidia control panel (my version is Ntune) and I have tried all possible resolutions and refresh rates. It is not anything to do with that I think.

I really need help with this

Thanks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/781014