1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP very bad video problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jrpg10389, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

:( ok i have recently been plagued by a really bad problem i work on computers as a hobby i now have 4 computers with the same problem...... but my problem is i cannot get annyyyy video to come up at all on the onboard video card (one of them does not have a onboard) and i have tried pci and vga all i get when i try to plug the monitor in on them is the screen will flicker for 1 second right as i plug the monitor in then nothing i have tried popping out the battery to reset bios i have tried unhooking everything except the video card (if its onboard) i just do not know what to do i would like to get one of these other computers working they have 2.5GHZ proceccors in them and im running a 866mhz so yea i would love to get the video working on at least one of them the computers come on fine and appears to be all working i just do not know what to do any help to fix this will be GREATLY appreciated:D

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

It's not that we cannot help you and I realize you are new here, but we will not allow you to jump in the middle of a thread and take help away from the poster who originally started this thread so please hold up until a Mod moves you into your own thread.

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi jrpg10389

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I have moved your post to its own thread.
    Please continue replies for this issue here.
    Thank you

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Tell us why you consider "they are coming on fine"?

Does the keyboard work? (try the Caps Lock key, the Caps Lock light should go on and off each press). If that does not work, the computers are certainly not "coming on" at all.

A simple but effective test.

5. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

yes it comes on and to all the people that got mad when i ''jumped into somones thread'' i looked for probably 15 minutes try8in to find a link that said new post or something and could not find it and i also did not know this was not allowed haha sorry for who i did that too and thanks to who are trying to help me ok i tried that with the main one that i wanted to get working and no caps lock light does not go on and off man...... i hope your reply is not the board is screwed lol i really want to get this computer running

6. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

ok yep had no clue

7. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

the keyboards lights flash right as i turn the computer on they flash once but after that i cant make caps lock come on

8. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

i just dont know it could also be the ram cards could be bad...... but both of them going out at once is unlikely which on my other computers that have this problem i have tried different ram cards in that i know work for a fact i hope u can help me

9. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

When the keyboard lights dont work with Caps Lock, that means the computer is failing POST and not even reaching the BIOS. Simply put, it's just not booting at all.

So your problems are quite deep, and could be any of the vital components.

10. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

And, at the top of the list of all threads on the page, a big "new thread" button allows you to post a new thread?

11. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

so there anything i can do?

12. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Do any of the motherboards have small on board speaker or connections to a small speaker inside the case? If so, do you hear any beeps on power up? Do any of the motherboards have a set of built-in diagnostic status LEDs?

13. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

well today my computer that i have been using messed up when it turns on it says dell but there are weird symbols at the top and windows locks up when i log on but......yes i beleive all of them do have leds but...... non have small speakers yes a beep would be good lol i know..... but nope...... well here is a link to the motherboard of the computers motherboard that i want to get to work the most is a ASRock K7S41 if u want a visual

14. jrpg10389

jrpg10389 Thread Starter

also the dell now will not load the windows xp setup disc either oh well i realy am getting fed up with all these broken computers

15. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    A set of diagnostic LEDs is jsut about as good as getting beeps out of a speaker. Some Dells may have group of 3 or 4 LEDs showing through the rear panel of the case. The pattern of on-off or red-green lights should tell you if the the Motherboard powered up OK or one of the causes of the failure.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice