1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!! Virus disable my mouse

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Xynd, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

Feb 17, 2004
    Hi Guys,

A virus or trojan disable my mouse.
    How to make my mouse work again or temporary how to use keyboard as mouse?
    I use WinXP

Thank you
  2. LupinIII

Sep 29, 2003
    i'm awaiting a fix for I have a mouse problem too.
    I have to unplug and plug back in the usb mouse to keep it working.
    if I have the adaptor for the normal mouse port it won't work at all.

so i've been using the kb for almost a week now. (help me techsupportguys! hehe)

use the TAB button to move to each link in a page and to the address bar etc.
    hold shift and tab to go backwards.

use cursor controls to scroll in a page. (you may need to tab to get to the scrollable area)

while holding the ALT button, press tab and you can switch between windows. a little window pops up and you can go to the window you want if you have several open.

if your kb has a start button, pressing it will pull up the start menu and you can use your cursor controls to do stuff there. There's a key between the right side alt and ctrl (I don't know what it's called) that I does what my right mouse button does. ESC key to close that feature if it opens.

and of course ctrl/alt/delete to bring up task manager and you can close programs that way too.

can't think of anything else.

i've been doing this clean up thing
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/516326