1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Virus of some sort on computer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Jessicaaxo, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jessicaaxo

Jessicaaxo Thread Starter

I am not good with computers and have no idea what to do so that is why I'm asking here! My laptop runs vista , so what happend is I was looking up song lyrics and long story short it went to a different website then it was intended to, and pop ups were coming up that said something about encryption something . I just didn't click anything because I knew something was wrong. So I opened up task manager and started screwing around by ending processes hoping whatever it was would go away but it didn't work. It eventually started making my cursor blink uncontrollably and I was unable to load Internet explorer or anything else except "advanced system care 6" which is my virus protection. I ran a scan nothing malicious came up . So then I booted into safe mode in hope that I could use Internet, I could but when I tried to go download malware bytes a program that usually works, it said I need permission to. So basically I'm stuck and every time I try to open something it won't open and I just get this sorta ding noise. I tried going within my system files to see what changes were made today and I found a file that was disguised as a window file but was really malicious. I deleted it but it still didnt help anything . Also every time I boot up my computer I get a pop that says something along the lines of unable to load user data/temp have no idea what that means but also when I could open task manager I noticed something named "COM " (I can't remember the exact name but it began with "COM" . Please please please help

2. TechieRanger

TechieRanger

Hi, and welcome to our malware removal forum!

My name is Richard and I'll be happy to help you with your computer problems.

Please be advised that I am currently in training, so my responses will need to be approved by one of our experts before I post them. This is only to ensure you are receiving accurate instructions. It may cause a delay in my replies.

Please note the following:

• The cleaning process is not instant as logs can take time to research. Sit tight and please be patient.
    • I will be working on your malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you may have with your system.
    • While we are fixing your problems, do NOT install/re-install any programs or run any fixes or scanners unless told to do so.
    • Ensure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date.
    • I would advise backing up all your important documents, personal data files and photos to a CD or DVD drive.
    • Do not back up any Applications (programs). These should be re-installed from the original source CD(s) or website(s).
    • During the course of our cleanup, please do not do any additional online work or surfing until we have verified that your system is clean.
    • I suggest printing out each set of instructions and reading the entire post before proceeding. It will make following them easier.
    • Be sure to follow the directions and run tools/scans in the order listed.
    I will return as soon as possible with more instructions.

Regards,

Richard:D

3. TechieRanger

TechieRanger

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 32-Bit or
    Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-Bit and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
    • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account an click Next.
    To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
    • Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account and click Next.
    On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
      • Startup Repair
      • System Restore
      • Windows Complete PC Restore
      • Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
      • Command Prompt
    • Select Command Prompt
    • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
    • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
    • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
    • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
    • The tool will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
    In your next reply, please provide the following:
    • FRST log.
    Regards,

4. TechieRanger

TechieRanger

It has been two days or more since my last post. Do you still need help or more time?:)

Regards,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1113754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice