1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Hogwit, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogwit

Hogwit Thread Starter

Today when I went to use my computer, after turning it on in less than 15 seconds I would see the Command Prompt flash open for a very short time then all icons and the start menu would disappear. Ctrl+Alt+Delete did nothing. I pulled out the battery and unplugged it then tried turning it on and the same thing happened. I then started it in safe mode, and it was working as much as a computer in safe mode should. I ran Microsoft Security Essentials and it found 4 virus' that it deemed to be worms. It "quarantined" then removed the 4. I then restart it and it will not boot..in safe mode or normal. I also tried booting it from the last known good boot settings or whatever that was (did not work). When trying to boot it now pops up asking if I want to boot normally or Launch Startup Repair (recommended). If I boot normally it goes to the screen with the Microsoft Windows flag, and below it, it says, "Starting Windows," and, "©Microsoft Corporation," as it should, however it does not pass this point. If I go to Startup Repair, it says, "Windows Boot Manager," at the top, then a short explanation telling me to insert my Windows installation disc. In the bottom half of this screen it says, "Status: 0xc000000e," and, "Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible." This is a Toshiba Portégé M400 running windows 7. I do not have any other internet connected computers (this is actually my phone I'm typing from),.

2. Hogwit

Hogwit Thread Starter

hello? Hello? HELLO? HELLO!?
    ANYBODY OUT THERE!?!?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice