HELP!! What to do??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trtlgrl2_78

How can I get my laptop to connect to the internet with my ethernet pc card. Driver's are installed, it's there, but it's not connecting to the internet....

Do you have a modem that uses an ethernet connection? You cant stick a phone line into an ethernet card, they're not compatible.

how do you intend to connect to the net?

Trtlgrl2_78

I'm trying to connect via cable through the router on my main computer. I'm not trying to put a phone line in it for dial up.

Considerably more information about your set-up would be really useful in trying to help you.
Make/model of modem, router. OSs on PCs. Cable provider. How the kit is connected. The output of the ipconfig/all command from the PCs would also help. Any firewalls kicking about in there? etc, etc etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online