Help: What would cause a corrupt profile Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmtx

I had several Missing/Corrupt Profile errors under Windows XP Pro (sp2). I fixed the issues, but I would like to understand why this occurs so I can prevent it from occurring again. I checked the machine for virii, etc., (clean), performed a disk check (no issues), etc.

Also, I have had 4-5 Missing/Corrupt Profile msgs. on this computer. I can usually gain access my profile by restarting the machine.

I have been running XP for several years on various machines and this is the first time I had this issue.

THanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online