1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! which CPU for Benicia 1.01??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by L_Patch, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L_Patch

L_Patch Thread Starter

Hi all! I have an E2200 Dual core processor. . . .Slow! It's about time to update this thing to a quad core. Only problem is money. A decent one would be the Q9xxx series but each cost $250+. Anyways I was really wanting to get a Q8300 Quad core ($140)!! Because it's cheap and seems like a good cpu from what I've read. Only problem is the HP site suggests that my motherboard wouldn't Accept it!? WEBSITE: (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&site=null&key=null&product=3766893#N170)
    BUT I have seen other people on the internet with this setup (benicia 1.01 and a Q8300 quad core)!!. I contacted Hp and of course they didn't give me a straight answer. They just said they wouldn't recommend installing anything that isn't on the list. But that list I think is bs. I have even seen a guy on these forums with the same setup but have yet to contact him. Also seen another guy with a totally different processor with the same motherboard and it wasn't on the hp list. So what do you experts out there think?? Should I try my luck and buy a Q8300 quad core processor?

2. L_Patch

L_Patch Thread Starter

bump.... anyone....help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice