1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP: - wht graphic card to buy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hmmduh, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hmmduh

hmmduh Thread Starter

2. brite750

brite750

I'm not getting a good feeling about this, first off you will have to see if you have an AGP or PCI-e16x slot, you will have to open the case, unplugged of course.
    secondly your PSU is probably not even close to being able to power a gfx card, while you are in there copy down the info on the power supply, looking for watts, amps on 12+ rails etc.

3. brite750

brite750

from what I'm finding it has no graphics slot, pci only and the psu looks like a 350watt but please verify this

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Well, like Crysis, COD4? THe computer you have might be pain in the ***. I wouldn't use the business computer to do this. Whats your processor and your ram?

Its very had to find out the video card that is less than $200? The lastest games would require an NVIDIA 7900 or more or maybe an 8800 Series, or an ATI 2600 or more or maybe 3850. Those cards will cost more than $220 bucks. If you want an high card less than $199, I suggest wait for Black Fridays :(.

Also you'll need to get a new computer and buy a decend card.

5. brite750

brite750

HP Compaq Business Desktop
    the word "Business" is a dead give away that your gaming future has been terminated, business usually means strip down low powered office machine for running Word and e-mail program.

6. hmmduh

hmmduh Thread Starter

hmm i checked it has 185W PSU and PCI slot.........ya dont knw much abt gamin computers.

Duh..so hey can i still put a reasonable graphics card which consumes less power but wud make me run some reasonable games.

thx

7. brite750

brite750

to be honest we would really have to know what games you are talking about, maybe solitare. you are going to be very, very limited by the lack of a gfx card slot, you can buy pci card only (not the same as pci-express), very slow limited bandwidth, however better than ob gfx you have now.

8. brite750

brite750

for you it may very well be that a console gaming system is the way to go. pc gaming is for folks with deep pockets but that is your decision

9. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

If your not familiar with pc gaming, then go with game consoles. Most gamers use at least 500 W of Power supply.

10. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

I agree with Gamerbryon and Brite. For you, a console would be a better choice. That motherboard is too old to do much of anything- you would have to buy a completely new computer. Go with a XBox 360- cheaper and has many more games than the PS3, although there is a monthly fee to play online.

$239 Refurbished XBox 360

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/667728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice