1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help window keeps opening by itself

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Smacdonald, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smacdonald

Smacdonald Thread Starter

The title says it all really. The problem started last night and because the help window keeps opening I can't do much on the laptop without it getting in the road so any help would be appreciated. I believe it was caused by water damage but I am hoping there is a way of fixing it without sending it away to get fixed as I do not know how long tbis will take/how much it would cost.

RayRay100 likes this.
  2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Check the F1 key isn't getting stuck down.
    What make and model laptop is it ?
    Describe what happened when it was water damaged and any steps you took to dry it out.

RayRay100 likes this.
  3. Smacdonald

The laptop is an hp pavillion 15 notebook pc, model no is F2U55EA#ABU I may be wrong but I dont think the button is stuck as I gave it and its underside a clean

4. Smacdonald

When it got the water spilt on it I used it for long enough to turn it off properly (since I was writing an essay for uni at the time and didnt want to lose anything). To dry it out all I've done was put it in a warm place for a while and cleaned off the water (

5. Smacdonald

Since I gave the key a clean the problem has improved a bit (the help window doesn't open as much although it is still an issue)

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hopefully it is drying out and will fix itself then. Keep us posted.

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Might get a can of "Canned Air" and try and blow more of the water out of the keyboard.

8. Smacdonald

Hi guys just so your aware the problem is still there as for the canned air I have some which I used as part of my cleaning of the f1 key

9. Smacdonald

Thank you for the help though*

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice