Help window keeps opening by itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Smacdonald

The title says it all really. The problem started last night and because the help window keeps opening I can't do much on the laptop without it getting in the road so any help would be appreciated. I believe it was caused by water damage but I am hoping there is a way of fixing it without sending it away to get fixed as I do not know how long tbis will take/how much it would cost.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Check the F1 key isn't getting stuck down.
What make and model laptop is it ?
Describe what happened when it was water damaged and any steps you took to dry it out.

Smacdonald

The laptop is an hp pavillion 15 notebook pc, model no is F2U55EA#ABU I may be wrong but I dont think the button is stuck as I gave it and its underside a clean

Smacdonald

When it got the water spilt on it I used it for long enough to turn it off properly (since I was writing an essay for uni at the time and didnt want to lose anything). To dry it out all I've done was put it in a warm place for a while and cleaned off the water (

Smacdonald

Since I gave the key a clean the problem has improved a bit (the help window doesn't open as much although it is still an issue)

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hopefully it is drying out and will fix itself then. Keep us posted.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Might get a can of "Canned Air" and try and blow more of the water out of the keyboard.

Smacdonald

Hi guys just so your aware the problem is still there as for the canned air I have some which I used as part of my cleaning of the f1 key

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online