Help windows not starting up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pkm193

ok i have a cd called universe of 3000 games so installed a game and it was dos based so now everytime i go to boot my computer it says verifying dmi pool data thats normal but then it says windows is now starting your ms-dos based program it starts the game and then the game freezes so what the heck. I tried safe mode and booting wit floppy and cd rom but nothing works so what do i do i was thinking maybe delete the files from command prompt but i do not know how to do that SO WHAT DO I DO PLEEZE HELP:confused: :(

What version of Windows do you have?

When you use the Windows Start-up diskette what happened?

pkm193

when i used start up disk the menu appears start with cd rom and with out and command prompt and safe mode nothin works it always ends up goin to game except command prompt and when i type win it does not work and i have windows 98 what do i do?:confused: :( :(

From MS-DOS mode type:
SCANREG /RESTORE (hit Enter)

It will restore a backup copy of the Windows Registry. After hitting Enter a menu will be displayed of available backups. Try a date before you installed the Game. Then Reboot, pressing Ctrl+Atl+Del

pkm193

better not cuz the 1 restore from before will not work i mean it got is started but will not work now sooooooo what should i do?

From your comment I thought the problem was resolved. We need more details on what is exactly happening and the PC configuration. If the PC boots run DRWATSON, which may capture more details to work with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts