1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! Windows Vista has turned Classic!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by katie250793, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katie250793

katie250793 Thread Starter

Jan 2, 2010
    Please could someone help -

I was surfing the web and went onto TV Duck.com which I have used many times before but after clicking on one of the links Antimalware Doctor and Win HDD added themselves to my desktop.

I've used Rkill and am currently running MBAM to get rid of these but the more worrying is when I restarted my computer after this my windows vista theme has changed to classic yet with the same vista layout. This is my toolbar, start menu, everything. I've tried personalize<theme etc but i don't have the option to change it, it only lets me choose between windows classic modes.

Another forum told me to go onto computer<services & maintenance<services<theme but as soon as i get to "services" it tells me Activex is bieng blocked.

I don't know how to fix this and also i don't know if I've gotten all the malware out of my system after Win HDD and Antimalware Doctor?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/965654