1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! Windows7 network settings disappear after restart

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GabeLaw, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabeLaw

GabeLaw Thread Starter

I have a small Law office and have a windows7 laptop running a home network, file and printer sharing are turned on and everything works great until the laptop running windows7 is restarted. After restart all file and printer sharing are gone, i have to set it up all over again then it works fine. WHY is this happening and how do i fix it.

Grateful for your help,

Gabe

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Could you tell us exactly what settings you make to set it up, please?

My guess off the top of my head is that you have some non-Microsoft anti-spyware or other security application that decides to "restore" settings on logoff or logon.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice