help! wirelss network problem - no connectivity

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jfolliard

well - I'm a relative newbie at this stuff and trid to search posts and folow fixes but to no avai. I have a basic home network system with cable ISP. The router is a Dl-615 and its hard connected to my desktop. Everything works fine on the desktop BUT the laptop suddenly will not connect wirelessly.

When I tyr to "repair" the wireless network connection on the laptop it returns:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed - Renewing your IP address" Then it says that I have to contact the person who manages my network - Unfortuanetly that's me! And I'm not at all good at this tuff.

Any guidnace would be very welcome.

Jack (desparate in Portland)

etaf

Wayne
if you have secruity enanbled on your router - switch it off

you may just need to change channels use 1,6 or 11 - as it may be interfernce

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online