1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with 0\IFSHLP.SYS and 0\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by GhettoBuddhist, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhettoBuddhist

GhettoBuddhist Thread Starter

im running windows me and when i restarted my computer right after the little intel screen went off i got this message

The following file is missing or corrupted: 0\IFSHLP.SYS

The following file is missing or corrupted: 0\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD

Type the windows loader (E.G., c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD)

im at my dad's computer at work and i have to be gone by 6 so i need help asap

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It's a serious error which may be caused by a damaged or missing msdos.sys file.

Sorry you haven't got an answer in time to avoid a scolding, but you may be able to resolve the problem by running System Restore from a command prompt. You will need a Windows Bootdisk to do it. See the instructions I gave in this post.

http://forums.techguy.org/t222864&highlight=system+restore.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice