1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with a Download

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rayrocky7, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rayrocky7

rayrocky7 Thread Starter

I need help if anyone can lend a hand. I am trying to download wavesurfer. I didn't know you had to have Winzip downloaded first in order for the program to open after it downloaded. The first time I downloaded after it was finished it gave me a response that said to choose a program. I didn't know what program to choose so I chose Kodak Imaging which I know now is the wrong application to use. Now that I have Winzip downloaded I can't get the download to go to Winzip it goes automatically to Kodak. I have tried removing the cookies to wavesurfer but it's not working. Can anybody help please. Thanks. rayrocky7 :confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What operating system?

3. rayrocky7

rayrocky7 Thread Starter

Windows 98

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

WinZip should have added some things to your context (right-click) menu, like "Open with WinZip" or "Extract with WinZip", or something along those lines.

You could also open WinZip and choose to open the downloaded zip file from there.

Somewhere in the settings for WinZip there should be a place to make WinZip the default application for zip files.

5. wizzkid

wizzkid

6. rayrocky7

rayrocky7 Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the help. I will try your suggestions. I am up for most of the night so I hope you guys are too. Thanks again. If I have another question I will get back to you. rayrocky7

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

You need to change the file association or it is always going to try to open zipped files with that Kodak program.

Go to the zip file and "Right-click" then choose "open-with" follow to the new box and choose WinZip. Be sure to check the box in the lower left that says "always use this" and apply>Ok your way out. Then any future zip files will open with the right program too.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice