Solved Help with a macro in Excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chrisb1978march

Good afternoon,

I currently have an excel spreadsheet where i list a number of quotes from different companies to make it easy to compare the quotes and look for the best value products.

I have been looking at recording a macro to enable users to run it and it will automatically copy the cells required and then paste them. Which I have done. However, I also want it to delete the content of most the cells (not the ones that work out net cost and gross cost, as these are formulas and won't change).

I have tried a number of ways to do this including: hiding the range of cells so users can't see them (so they're always blank) and running the macro...this doesn't work as I get an error message, unless i then unhide the 3 rows (i presume it is because the rows are hidden that it can't see them to paste?). I've also tried recording the macro so it pastes the required cells, and then delete the cells that need to be blank and trying that. This only copies over the same cells as opposed to pasting them after the cells.

I've attached the spreadsheet so you can look at the macros etc - there's no personal data in it. If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Attachments

chrisb1978march

Never mind... having thought about it, it was easier to simply hide the cells I didn't want people to edit, then record the macro (unhiding the cells at the beginning and then hiding them again at the end).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts