1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with a virus!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by psmith98752, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psmith98752

psmith98752 Thread Starter

Hello

Despite having NOD32, i've got a virus on my Vista PC. I ran HijackThis, removed BHO's and other ones identified by the log analyser.

The only sign that a virus is still present is when I use internet explorer, the text size is larger despite it being set to "normal". Also, I get blank thumbnails on all files when using window explorer.

I ran ComboFix (used it in past) and it did its thing and rebooted however the problem was still there. After other things, I went to run it again however it tells me there are rootkits and it must reboot.

This is where the problem starts as I get the following:

Code:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start...

File: \Windows\system32\drivers\Combo-fix.sys

I cannot get into windows normally or via safe mode. Only last known good configuration works.

How can I get rid of this all?

PS attached log files from the first time I ran combofix which exectuted fine and the latest hijackthis

Attached Files:

2. psmith98752

psmith98752 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice