1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with a wireless USB mouse please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YellowCats, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. YellowCats

YellowCats Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I'm very computer illiterate and need the help of people who are more well versed than I am!

I'm using an Acer Aspire V5-516-6438 and it runs on Windows 8.

Today I recently ran into a problem with my wireless USB mouse. It is the brand Blackweb and its model number is BWGOD-GR.

I unplugged the thing from its USB port to put my headphones in that spot instead, and have done so before in the past. I've owned the mouse for a year. The headphones work fine. My problem is that when I plugged the USB receiver back into my computer this time it does not work in ANY USB ports, even though it used to be fine!

I did Windows Button + R and entered devmgmt.msc to bring up my drivers. Under my Mouse and Pointing Devices I see the touchpad for my laptop and the mouse's driver. It is named HID-compliant mouse, and when I unplug my mouse it disappears from the driver list. It also re-appears when I plug it in. I can only assume it is for my mouse.

For some reason the blue light on the bottom of my mouse no longer turns on when I have the switch to ON. It does not react. I have changed batteries and held down the little button that says CONNECT to no avail.

I have searched for updates for the driver, have uninstalled it from my computer, reinstalled it by plugging it back in and nothing! I have restarted and shut down my computer and it does not work still. The mouse simply does not turn on its blue light and refuses to react or move! Is it possible the mouse itself no longer is connected to my USB receiver somehow?

I have contacted customer support and they do not help and it is easier for me to read English than speak it. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really don't want to buy a new one.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Have tried the mouse on a different computer? It may just be the mouse has failed.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You've posted the exact same comments in the last 12 hours in a number of other forums.

That model laptop has 3 USB ports, so why are you removing the mouse's receiver unit?

---------------------------------------------------------

4. YellowCats

YellowCats Thread Starter

@ DustyJay. Thank you for your reply. It is weird, it no longer works on other computers. This is my first time on an English forum posting this issue, I was hoping to find help since Google has no answers and their customer support is hopeless. Did it break because I unplugged it? It looks fine and was working prefectly before.

Thank you but I don't understand your comment Flavalee, either part of it. I had to remove the mouse in order to have my headphone wire at an angle where it is not at risk of getting a short. I don't see how that this information is relevant to solving the problem. Hindsight is of no use to me, my friend.

5. trogdo

trogdo

Cats indeed, meow :)

Cheap mouse, is probably broke. Everything else work ok in USB ports?

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It is unlikely that unplugging it broke the mouse. They do not last forever, some last longer than you might expect, some do not last as long as we would like.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice