1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with absolute system oc optimization

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by defunct, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. defunct

defunct Thread Starter

hi all,
    if you check my specs at the bottom you'll see what i'm running. It's obviously no monster but it's not a sloth either. Not wanting to spend any money for at least 6 months though I'm trying to optimize it to the max. Does anyone have any *INFORMED* input into my progress and next steps or links to my perfect web destination? Thanks:

-FSB [email protected] (synchronous with RAM is better, I've heard)

-multiplier x10 (1660MHz, xp2000 equivalent, don't want to go much higher 'cos I don't want a louder fan)

-Asus GFFX5200magic 128Mb [email protected]/370 (250/333 is stock for this one 'cos of cheap RAM modules, still room for further oc'ing with a recently added 80mm fan though)

Next intended steps:
    -max out the GFFX oc. I know it's low end but I refuse to buy a £200 card!
    -tighten RAM timings, not yet adjusted at all.
    -deduce my worst bottleneck to see where my money goes in a few months time;)

I would especially appreciate pointers on the bottlenecks and further steps.
    I would especially NOT appreciate people just saying "Ive got this" or "Ive got that nahnahnahnah" - Ive got what Ive got and want to make the most of it.
    Thanks a lot

PS 3dMark2001 = 5400 at last count

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

3. defunct

defunct Thread Starter

software environment is always kept clean and tweaked, I'll try the omega drivers though. My Asus card is currently running on Asus drivers though, has anyone had any trouble running omega drivers after using manufacturer tweaked ones?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/176457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice