1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Acer G276HL Monitor!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SouthXYZ, Sep 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. SouthXYZ

SouthXYZ Thread Starter

Around Christmas last year my Acer G276HL Monitor had a broken power button that wouldn't click in. But it functioned, then eventually the light started flickering blue/orange very lightly and would NOT turn on. I left it till around 2 months ago when i was cleaning my PC and saw the montor and thought why not give it a go, and it worked. Now yet again the issue has arisen, My PC works and my second monitor turns on and shows the other desktop, it's acting as if the main montior is working, but the monitor itself is not turning on and the light is flickering lightly blue/orange and every now and then will turn full orange brightly for a second or two then go back to flickering

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

So what are you asking; can it be fixed? Yes, just about anything can be fixed however the cost of having it repaired is going to exceed the cost of a new monitor. I checked and that monitor is $149 at amazon. With shop labor at $85 per hr or so plus the cost of parts, it is more cost effective to just replace the monitor.

3. SouthXYZ

SouthXYZ Thread Starter

So is there no way i can fix this manually? Or temporarily whilst i scrape up the money?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you are VERY well versed in soldering and have diagnostic equipment to find what part failed, then probably yes. From your post, I would surmise a pw supply board problem with the monitor. However that is just a guess.
    FWIW acer stuff is very low end and [generally] not worth repairing. Up to you if you want to invest time and money into attempting to fix the monitor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice