1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Advanced Chipset Features for N2GAP board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ducky303, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ducky303

ducky303 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Jetway N2GAP motherboard with an nvidia nForce2 integrated graphics processor. In the Advanced Chipset Features section of the BIOS, the settings that I am concerned with and their current values are listed below (the other values that the setting can be changed to are shown in the brackets next to each value of the specific setting):

Internal VGA Share Memory: 64M (8M, 16M, 32M, 64M, 128M, Disabled)
    AGP Aperture Size: 64M (32M, 64M, 128M, 256M, 512M)
    AGP 8X Support: Enabled (Disabled)
    AGP Fast Write: Enabled (Disabled)
    System BIOS Cacheable: Enabled (Disabled)
    Video RAM Cacheable: Enabled (Disabled)

I have a 1GB of RAM, and am running Window XP SP1. What would be the optimal values that I can use for the above settings when I want to get better video and game performance?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

ducky303

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you want really good game performance go out and buy an AGP video card. While the board has fairly good integrated graphics they are still several generations behind a decent AGP video card like the Geforce 6600GT or Radeon 9800PRO.

But to answer your question:
    Internal VGA Share Memory: 128M - this will reduce your 1024MB of RAM to 896 MB
    AGP Aperture Size: 256M
    AGP 8X Support: Enabled
    AGP Fast Write: Enabled
    System BIOS Cacheable: Disabled
    Video RAM Cacheable: Disabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/346839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice