1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP with audio driver?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lovsk8in247, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lovsk8in247

lovsk8in247 Thread Starter

ok i just got a new motherboard a dFI Lan Party nF4 Sli-Dr it has a audio module that you connect to the motherboard i got every thing connected but when i got the system loaded up and the drivers installed AC 97' i cant hear anything

2. norton850

norton850

In Device Manager under Audio is everything (FWIW) listed as working. In Control Panel under audio do you have the right sound device and speakers chosen? Volume turned up and nothng on mute? Speakers known to work and plugged into the right MB connector. I know this is somewhat basic and all inclusive, but we really don't know what you have tried.

3. lovsk8in247

under sounds and audio devices in control panel it has nvidia(R) nforce(TM) audio
    it will like play sounds i just cant hear them i have my volume up
    speakers worked on my last mother board
    i have them in the right slot
    what is (FWIW)?

4. lovsk8in247

i looked on everest and it says i have Field Value
    Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP04 - Audio Codec Interface

but i installed nVidia and RealTek audio drivers both
    does that matter?

5. norton850

norton850

FWIW = For what it's worth because Device Manager has it's own ideas sometimes as to whether or not something is working. Often it will say that something is working fine when obviously it isn't.

Just to go through things again however, does Device Manager say that things are working?(no exclamation, yellow or other marks). In Control Panel under Sounds and Audio (not Device Manager) is your audio device selected there, correct speaker choice and nothing muted? Have you tried headphones in the MB speaker jack?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice