Help With Bad Booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SnetWork

Ok, I have installed a cooldrive 4 which is a 4 fan controller / HD cooler. My problem is that i do not have enough extra fan mounts to plug in 4 fans all together unless i made some new mounts and i wanted my current cpu fan/heatsink plugged into my cooldrive 4. I have tried to plug in my cpu fan into the cooldrive and it worked but.... when i booted up the comp everything was working until my BIOS wouldnt let me boot up because my cpu fan was not plugged into the cpu fan power connector. I need to know if there is any i can bypass this or somehow trick the BIOS into thinking that a fan is plugged in when it is not.

System Information:
Windows XP Home sp2
768mb Ram
Compaq Presario SR1500NX
1 x 160gb HD 1 x 80gb HD

Cooldrive 4 is manufactured by Cooler Master.

HI,

If you boot into Bios and go to PC Health Status, and look for 'Shutdown when fan fail', if it is set at 'enable' you should be able to 'disable' the CPU fan, and then boot up as normal

Rukee

Banned
most systems you tap the 'Delete" key as it boots, it may be F12, F10, F2 etc, you should tap the key as the first splash screen posts, if windows starts to load, you missed it and will need to reboot and try again.

This was in regard to an IC7 Max3 wan't it ??

I'm sure this was so, anyway, try in Power Management, should find a reference to Hardware Monitoring there.

SnetWork

Ok, found HardWare Monitoring but when i go into it , it just shows me The current rpm of the cpu fan and the CPU TEMP nothing more nothing less.. By the Way Phoenix bios 3.14, SR1500nx, ASUS V78X-LA (i believe)

Can you place the cursor on the RPM figure?, if so you may be able to press 'enter' to give you an option to disable the monitoring

If it can't be done in Bios, how about a ' Y ' splitter connector......base of ' Y ' (male) connects to fan cable (fem), say, top left ' Y ' (fem) connects to mobo power/sensor and top right (fem) fits into the Cooldrive power......

(I hope along these lines, lol )

The only problem with that is the 2 power supplies to the CPU Fan, but you would get fan readings in both the bios and the Cooldrive.

I can't think how you could overcome the power problem though.

I've been looking at the Cooldrive, nice piece of kit.

SnetWork

yea... the double power supply would be a problem maybe i could try and turn all power off to the fan from the cooldrive on boot up :p hope it wont over do it

If that option is same as in Bios, and it doesn't let you, you could always 'doctor' the power leads from either one, so you are only getting a single source.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online