1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help With Belkin Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by keyransolo, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keyransolo

keyransolo Thread Starter

How do I change the security settings for me Belkin Router?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Gee, can we know the exact model? :)

3. keyransolo

ADSL Moden with Wireless G Router - 2.4GHz-802.11g.

4. hermes

hermes

Install the management software that came with it, log on to the web interface at http://your routers IP address.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Forget the "management software." Just login, find the wireless section and change the encryption.

6. keyransolo

7. jp1203

jp1203

okay...you're sure this is your router's IP addy?

Go to START>RUN>cmd and type ipconfig to be sure. it's ip addy will show up as the default gateway as shown in red, mine is 192.168.1.1, yours may be different, quite possibly the one you mentioned-just making sure.

What's the error message if that is the IP address? If you're not sure where to look in that, right click the cmd window, click select all and hit enter, then press CTRL+V in a reply to paste it here and we'll be able to figure it out.

BTW, welcome to TSG.

8. keyransolo

Ok thanks, I typed in my default gateway IP and a Belkin website came up showing this page:

[​IMG]

And you'll notice, on the page it says "logout", well, i didn't login in the first place..:/

9. jp1203

jp1203

Belkin routers don't usually have a default password, try just clicking OK and see if it logs you in. If not, have you changed the password before?

10. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You may need to reset to factory defaults and start over if you have forgotten an assigned password.

11. keyransolo

I tried clicking OK with no password but as expected, it just refreshed me to the same page. How would I go about setting the router to factory settings?

12. jp1203

jp1203

There should be a reset button on the back near the power cord:

Per Belkin's Website:

13. keyransolo

Well, this is strange. There's a port at the back of the Router which says "reset" above it, which is showing that you need to insert a cable into it or something :S

14. jp1203

jp1203

Hmmm...is it a circular hole that you could hit the button inside with a pen tip or something? Usually the button isn't right out so that you can't accidentally hit it and reset it, which is also why it must be held for so long.

I've never had a Belkin router, so I'm not totally sure exactly where it would be.

Here's a reset thing on a Belkin Pre-N router, looks to me like a pin or something would be able to push the button inside.

[​IMG]

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/604333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice