1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Bioshock

Discussion in 'Games' started by shadowelf556, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadowelf556

shadowelf556 Thread Starter

I just bought bioshock and my problem is that when i start playing i get to the first cutscene my computer will just shut off, this also happened in Rollercoaster tycoon 3,

my system is:
    Geforce 7950gt 512mb
    intel core 2 1.86ghz
    EVGA motherboard
    250gb harddrive
    2gb ddr2 ram

please help. i wanna play this game

2. iMPACT

iMPACT

before u do anything or ask any questions like this plz install the latest version foreceware driver for your graphic card. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

looking at ur specs ur comp can handle the game fine. if u look at my specs which are alomost discraceful i can play bioshock and all the latest games no problem.

3. shadowelf556

i have the latest non-beta driver from what the website says.

4. shadowelf556

okay so i just tried the game, and it gets through part of the cutscene just fine, but when im about to surface my comp shut off

5. iMPACT

iMPACT

then try the latest beta driver. i still rember the first time i tried bishock, the exact samething happens buts it just a little pass where u surface.

6. shadowelf556

okay i think my problem is that the ambient temp of my case was too high and my processor fan wasnt ducted to the outside so it was getting air that was wayyy to warm. im going to try the beta driver in a minute.

7. shadowelf556

okay so im installing the beta driver and i get an error message, this is waht it says:

the software you are installing for this hardware Nvidia GeForce 7950GT
    has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows XP

Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediatly or in the future. Microsoft strongly reccoments that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed windows logo testing

any ideas on what to do?

8. Drummo27

Drummo27

Don't worry about that msg, it's more Microsoft babble. Let the driver install, if it fixes the problem great, if not uninstall it if you're worried about it and put the old one back on. Changing drivers around is fairly common. Microsoft certification just means they have tested the driver and have found no problems with it. Non-certified does not mean it will cause your computer any problems.

9. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

i would search on google for motherboard monitor...and run that....and then see the temperatures...it does sound like an overheating problem...

10. shadowelf556

i have finally fixed it. it turns out that the grease between my processor and heat sink got wiped off partially, so i bought more and put it on
    and no more problems

11. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

ah so it was an over heating problem:) i would install motherboard monitor still just to see if the temps are still ok...cos having too much thermal paste on the cpu can lead to the heat not being transferred well

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice