1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Bluestacks installation?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by evilchikkadee, Aug 30, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. evilchikkadee

evilchikkadee Thread Starter

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I've been trying to install Bluestacks on my Acer Swift 3, with no luck. The Setup Screen says I haven't enough space.

Would anyone be able to tell me how I might go about organizing the space they want , if it isn't going to be too complicated? Cheers! Char

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

To free up some space, you can run Administrative Tools > Disk Cleanup. After the initial scan, there is a button to press to do an additional scan. Then it will let you pick what items you want to clear.

Then right click on Command and choose Run as Admin. Then type in "powercfg /h off". That will delete the sleep cache, which is a few GBs.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You have 57 GB of usable space. That's a small hard drive. I have more storage than that on my android phone which takes up less space than a Windows OS.

The Acer Swift 3 reviews I looked at come with 128GB, 256GB or 1TB hard drives. I wonder why yours is so small?
    I think I'd install a larger hard drive.

4. evilchikkadee

evilchikkadee Thread Starter

Thank you guys . You were right, and I now have 18% free space instead of 1%.

My Acer was actually a Swift 1, but since the memory issue will probably come up again in the future, I'll look into buying more RAM.

Cheers!

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

Storage means hard drive space. RAM means working memory. They are different things. More storage space allows you to install more programs and keep more pictures, videos etc. More RAM allows you run more programs at the same time.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice