1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Help with Booting custom built PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PierceF, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PierceF

PierceF Thread Starter

"REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELCETED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY"

This message appears when i boot up my new custom built PC. This is my first custom build. All parts were purchased new.
    The parts used in the build are:
    CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler
    Power Supply - EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, Power Supply 100-W1-0500-K3, Black
    SSD/HDD - Crucial MX500 CT250MX500SSD4 250 GB (3D NAND, SATA, M.2 Type 2280SS, Internal SSD)
    Grahpics Card - Zotac GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4 GB Mini Graphics Card - Black
    Motherboard - MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 1st and 2ND Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-VDH Plus)
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX-16GB High Performance 2.0 XMP Memory Module (2 x 8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, C15), black color.

The BIOS i have installed is - MSI Click Bios 5 - 7A38v943(Beta version).
    I have tried to choose my Sandisk usb device with Windows 10 on it as the Boot option number 1 but was unsuccessful.
    I would appreciate any tips or help on what i have to do to boot my PC successfully.

Thank you.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

If you mean windows 10 is installed on the usb device, as against the windows 10 installation files are on the usb device, then you cannot boot a computer to run windows 10 as the installed OS from a USB device using the standard windows 10 installation

To run Windows 10 from a USB stick requires a special windows 10 install

You can boot from a USB device that has the windows 10 install files on it - to install 10 to the Crucial M2 drive

If it is the install files where are they from and how was the usb device configured - by that I mean how did you put the install files on the usb

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    PierceF likes this.
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why in the world are you using a beta bios??? This had to have been flashed since no mfg I know of would ship a board with a beta bios.
    Next what exactly are you attempting to do ie install windows or what?
    How exactly did you make this usb?

PierceF likes this.
  4. Macboatmaster

Re the post from my colleague - he is quite correct - however I can quite understand HOW and WHY you have done it.

You should not use a Beta BIOS the only reason to use it was when the NON BETA version was not released and you needed it to support the Ryzen 3000 series of processor
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=320889.0
    If however you go to the MSI site the non beta version as now been released
    Version
    7A38v94
    Release Date
    2019-07-08
    File Size
    9.99 MB

However your CPU is the Pinnacle Ridge and was supported from BIOS 7A38v90
    7A38v90
    Release Date
    2019-01-07
    File Size
    10.33 MB

You may now, as well have the latest as above rather than the 7A38v90 but you should replace the BETA version. I do not however think that is the problem I suspect the problem is your USB files and as I asked how it was made

Whilst you should not have installed the BETA version unless it was as I said necessary for the 3000 series, I would not feel too bad about what you have done
    as you say it was your first such build and MSI - IMHO not you - are to blame for releasing BETA version BIOS - on general release rather than only on specific request
    for those with the mentioned 3000 series.

https://www.msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard

so as I said - do not feel as though you have done something stupid, as you have IMHO not

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    PierceF likes this.
  5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

All board mfg ie asus, gigabyte, asrock have beta bios available on their sites however the beta bios are labeled as such along with whatever fix is included with the bios. On asrock boards, the beta bios is listed separately; on both asus and gigabyte, the beta bios is in the same place as the release bios however the beta is labeled as beta.

PierceF likes this.
  6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

This seems more a hardware or perhaps a windows problem and should be in either of those two forums. I will move this to the hardware forum since you are more likely to get responses in that forum.

PierceF likes this.
  7. lynx1021

lynx1021

You may need to turn secure boot off for now in the BIOS until you get windows loaded

PierceF likes this.
  8. Macboatmaster

PierceF

Having seen the replies to post 6 - YOUR response would be appreciated

PierceF likes this.
  9. PierceF

PierceF Thread Starter

Thank you for the help, I installed Windows 10 onto the usb yes.
    I purchased it from Amazon, The seller gave me a link to download it, i downloaded it and installed it onto my SanDisk Cruzer Blade 64gb. The activation code was given for when it is needed.

10. Macboatmaster

Send me the link to the Amazon purchase please

PierceF likes this.
  11. PierceF

PierceF Thread Starter

Thank you for the link. I have clicked into the link and have installed the latest version "7A38V90" onto the usb, i then M-Flashed it onto the PC. When i did this, a new message appeared on my screen when i boot it up that says "Invalid system disk, replace disk, and press any key"

12. PierceF

PierceF Thread Starter

Thank you for the help!

13. PierceF

PierceF Thread Starter

It appears the seller has removed the product for purchase, the seller username is - JPSoftware24.

14. Macboatmaster

Hi
    Firstly there is no need to quote back all that has been posted
    Please simply type in box that appears after the last post to you
    Not by clicking reply on that post, that as you can see quotes back all that has been posted

15. PierceF

PierceF Thread Starter

My apologies, Im new to this website and was unaware of what is prefered when responding. Thanks for the tip though.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice