1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help With Bridge Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by brzs4life, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brzs4life

brzs4life Thread Starter

alright, i have quite a confused topic, hopefully i can explain
    if anyone know how to do this please i would like to ask you to help
    i have vista ultimate on both pc(1) and pc(2)
    and what i wanna do is this:

blah blah blah<<wireless signal->> to my pc(1) i receive by wireless antenna>>an then <<bridge connection>>>via Ethernet cable from pc(1) to a wireless router near my pc(2)->>>> and then<<Ethernet cable>>>> to 2nd pc via Ethernet cable

*i know the cable works
    *router works

i wish i could just hook up pc(1) to pc(2) bridging connections via ethernet
    but i get cable unplugged on my network connections window
    But when i hook up pc(1) to router it works plugged to unkown network (local)
    As well as if i just plug pc(2) to router it works i get plugged to unkown network (local)

So now i need to know if iam doing something wrong or if what i need to do next!!
    thanx for the help!!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Something like "Wireless router from my neighbor<<wireless signal->> to my pc" always raises questions. Please explain.

3. brzs4life

brzs4life Thread Starter

ahh no i did not say that i said: "Wireless router from my neighbor", thats wt u thought not my neighbor,..... neighbor is my dads name, we set up (unsecure connection) and pretty much what i would like to do is add another pc with the signal, but pc is far enough away so i wont receive the signal, i have talked to Neighbor and he has put his router as closest to my bedroom as possible for better signal...
    so my best bet is ethernet cable from my pc to another one... i have 20 ft long ethernet cable allset...
    thnx

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm sorry but that arrangement (my friend here shares internet) likely doesn't meet the terms of the ISP contract, so we cannot offer any help. If you think it is OK with the ISP post a link to the ISP's policy before a moderator closes the thread.

5. brzs4life

brzs4life Thread Starter

ok post a link? wt u mean?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    A URL to the ISP's policy about such sharing.

7. brzs4life

brzs4life Thread Starter

http://www.comcast.net/terms/use/#prohibited
    now if u really think this for some ungodly reason is illegal please let me know where you found it or at least let me know if you really read it all.
    if u want documents of my friend signed, gps location of my residence pinpointing wireless signal ill send to u so, also the replys from my emails to ISP's . but for now i rather make new topic and disregard any citation of such facts that you might implicate.
    PEACE

8. Dezaras

Dezaras

this is the part being referred to from the link you provided, and since it is against the terms set forth by your own isp, we could not really help you:

resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the Premises the ability to use the Service (for example, though wi-fi or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly. The Service is for personal and non-commercial residential use only and you agree not to use the Service for operation as an Internet service provider or for any business enterprise or purpose (whether or not for profit);

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Time to reread the TSG Rules, this thread is closed.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice