1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Browser Hijack

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by CheckerB, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheckerB

CheckerB Thread Starter

Help! I am trying to clean up my manager's PC and I think I have done more harm than good. The problem started when he says that his browser often gets redirected to another webpage. So I checked and realized his PC is totally bombarded with stuff. I installed and ran adaware and deleted the critical until they are gone. Used Spybot and cleaned everything up but the they keep coming back. Used Spy Sweeper to clean and protect. Added a popup blocker and a firewall. But these spyware keeps reinstalling itself. So I went to your forum and read a similar problem and followed the steps installed About Buster. It found 7 more files to remove. Now I am at a stalemate with the program

When I open the browser, it says no page entered, so it is blank. When I type in a webpage, it redirects me to res://wjmjd.dll/html But because I have the blockers on, it doesn't install anything, but it won't let me go anywhere with the browser. Any address I type is redirected. But nothing opens. What do I do now?

Elaine

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, You need to download Hijackthis, our tool to display a log that it makes here in the forum. We can examine this log and advise you what you are to do.

The directions for using Hijackthis are very simple. Create a new folder, the desktop is OK provided>>> you make a separate new folder> rename it to HJT, and download HJT to that folder.

http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

The Quick Start guide at page above will tell you how to Copy and Paste the saved log HJT makes, into a Reply right here in this thread...just a reply, not a new thread,OK?

Here is the newest version of Hijackthis:

http://tools.radiosplace.com/HijackThis.exe

Get that into it's own permanent folder as I said, run it, and get the entire log posted, someone will help you soon.
    From then on> keep an eye on your email, as the forum notifies you that way when there is a reply to your thread.

Depending on the severity of your hijack, a moderator may move your thread and all it's posts to the Security forum. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice