1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Buying Cordless Phone ....

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by vja4Him, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

I need to get a new cordless phone .... There are so many models to choose from, it's very confusing ...

Our current cordless phones are about to die, so I need to get something very soon!

I need three phones (Base plus two extras). I'm looking to spend somewhere around $100-150 for three phones.

Here are some of the features I would like:
    -- Large Phone Book Capacity
    -- Blocking
    -- Caller ID
    -- Call Waiting
    -- Answering Machine
    -- Intercom/Handset to Handset/Base
    -- AA Rechargeable Batteries (longer life than AAA?)
    -- Higher Number Redial feature
    -- Base with Keypad
    -- Large, Bright and Clear Screen (my eyesight is not so good)
    -- High Capacity Recording Time for Answering Machine
    -- Speaker Phone
    -- Headset Jack
    -- other .....

So, basically I'm looking for a High-End Cordless Phone with Answering Machine, and lots of great features!

2. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

I'm considering buying this model:

Panasonic - DECT 6.0 -- KX-TG7644M

Does anyone have this phone?

3. ericson

ericson

Hi vja4Him,

Did you already buy a cordless phone?
    I don't know about the Panasonic model, but I lately bought a model from Gigaset - it's called "SL 785 smart elegance" and I think it could fit your demands. It has an integrated answering machine (recording time about 45 minutes I guess), capacity for 500 address book entries, blue tooth and some kind of eco energy mode - I don't understand a lot of this but I guess it means, the phone works energy saving.. however, the battery has a long lifetime. Moreover, the telephone is nicely designed and easy to handle. And at least it wasn't too expensive, just in case it does matter. So there are also similar models on www.gigaset.com with even more features.. your choice :)

Regards

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054650