Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

help with comcast cable connection- only have half the internet....

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TheZeDD 
#1 ·
I got comcast cable a week ago. It worked ever since yesterday. Yesterday morning I was on it downloading stuff checking my email at hotmail, all working fine. I leave my pc with it running for a few hours and came back.

I can visit every site with no problem, where the problem starts is when i login to hotmail.com it loads the page but then goes to a dead blank page with a error symbol in the cornor of my IE browser.

I go into my multiplayer game and login inside the gameand it wont cnnect it just says timed out. Search for game servers in the game and none pop up which should never happen.

I try to go into gamespy and msn zone, when im into the game lobbies in their applications or trying to get into them it has an error where it says it cannot connect or the page says cannot be found.

I can down from sites but when im trying to download updates using the programs like Nortan antivirus or the Internet Explorer 6 downloaded downloader.

can someone please help me, Ive switched between usb and rj-45 connector with my comcast cable modem. Ive restarted it and my pc, i restored my pc back to a date when it worked. I have no firewall enabled, The lights are all blinking. Um Its connected diectly my pc. These sites all work because everybody around me with comcast cable and other says it works. I called Comcast and they said cable is fine in my area. T.V works. Please help me.

EXTRA INFORMATION:

Windows XP 2100
512 DDR RAM
80 GB
NEW 3D CARD
Genica NIC card
Comcast Cable
The error on internet explorer when tryin to login to hotmail.com says:

Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: address
when login to game inside game it says timed out.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey Del, can you post the the link inside to the users other post so that the next passer by will see this.

NVM I got it:

Techguy, Sithxace replied to Thread

Though this thread here would probably have been a better place for the reply since it is the networking thread :) Cheers..

-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.