1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with custom build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jinxedkiller, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jinxedkiller

jinxedkiller Thread Starter

2. IT-Support

IT-Support

You dont need the screw kit, unless that case specifies it comes with no screws. Unless you are planning on building this in a place that you get a lot of static shocks i wouldn't worry about that anti-static strap. I've built 20 pcs, all worked first time and never used one. Just hold parts by corners/edges instead of the center and discharge the case before you begin.

Personally I'd use Intel processors, from experience Intel processors are faster and more reliable. I'm sure someone else will post disagreeing with me, but thats my personal opinion.

I'd also use OCX or Crucial RAM, OCX give you a lifetime guarantee, but the RAM you have chosen is compatible.

I did notice you are missing a creative fatality soundcard. Not sure you'd get any gain with that headset and no soundcard.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  4. jinxedkiller

do the cases come with some standoffs for the motherboard?

5. jinxedkiller

i think ill use that mobo but the i have enough money to keep the case i was going to use because i like the orange on it and the window.

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Most of them do. And by the pictures of the case it appears that the Raidmax case does. I did not recommend the case I did just because of Money savings. I use it because the Airflow is great, cable management is easy, and it is spacious for ease of build.

7. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

Antec 300 series cases are just about the best value around these days. Clean designs, easy to work with, i.e. long enough connectors to work with any board, rolled edges that won't cut you, and the cases are square so you don't have some of the problems getting expansion cards to fit that you find in some cases. And they really do cool great.

The other suggestion I'd make is to spend a few extra bucks on a DVD burner rather than a read-only DVD-ROM drive.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice