1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with D-sub Power Saver Issue {LG Monitor}{NVIDIA Graphics card}

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RIbbit, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RIbbit

RIbbit Thread Starter

Hello Guys i'm new here to TSG but i have a real issue with my new tower and monitor. I'm not sure whether the issue is with the tower or the monitor as when i set up my {LG Flatron monitor} and my custom built {Vibox tower with a NVIDIA G card} the monitor appears with the message D-SUB Power saver mode. These are brand new items and have been setup today and i'm wondering what i could do to fix this issue whether it be replacing the battery or downloading a DVI driver file? Please help :(

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you connecting the monitor to the correct output on the computer? Many computers now have integrated graphics but that gets disabled when you add an additional graphics card; so make sure the monitor is in fact plugged into the graphics card and not the integrated graphics.

Also, are you use a VGA cable or a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable for the monitor? If not VGA then you may have to switch the monitor input from VGA(D-Sub) to the correct input.

Please post the full and complete computer specs or model number as well.

3. RIbbit

RIbbit Thread Starter

I'm using a VGA D-sub cable also this pc is a custom built with no integrated graphics the specs also are:

AMD Bulldozer FX4100 4.0Ghz CPU
    8GB RAM
    2TB Hard Drive
    NVIDIA GeeForce GTX 560
    Custom Built in a Case

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What is the motherboard and power supply in the system?

Has it ever worked? Does the screen work even for a little bit when you first turn it on? Do you see any lights, hear any fans, or hear any beeps from the computer?

5. RIbbit

RIbbit Thread Starter

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Doesn't list either of those two parts which generally isn't a good thing.\

Do you have another monitor to test?

Maybe something came loose during shipping, have you opened it up and re-seated the graphics and ensured that the power supply is connected to the graphics card as well? Maybe check and re-seat the memory too. If you're inside the computer I'd make note of the motherboard model and the power supply model, those are extremely important components that you should know what they are.

However you may want to contact the seller first, opening the computer may void the warranty or he may have other suggestions.

7. RIbbit

RIbbit Thread Starter

Ok thankyou

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice