1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with data rescue 3

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by maxibhoy, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxibhoy

maxibhoy Thread Starter

My ignorance with macs is frankly embarrassing to say the least. My mother has a new macbook which she is also quite a novice with and had actually managed to delete all her important files hours after receiving it. The Apple guy recommended Data rescue 3 and sold her the app for £70. gbp. However although it's supposed to be a bootable dvd and she's following the instructions given on pack she's unfortunitley still can't get it sorted. What she's been told to do is reboot, Press command button c until she see's the Apple sign. All this she's managed succesfully but after the Apple logo she says there are no more options and there's simply nothing else she can do it seems. Hope i've given enough info for some good (as always) advice. Thanks in adv. Much appreciation. Max

2. Headrush

Headrush

How long did she wait after seeing the Apple Logo?
    Sometimes bootable CDs can take very long to boot.

3. maxibhoy

maxibhoy Thread Starter

Apparently till the cows came home (uk Expression) but she just couldn't get it. Actually i tried to run her through it last night as my pc exp is very good but it seems the problem is just her techphobia and paranoia about making another expensive boo boo. I had to advise her in the end to revisit the mac shop where the techs, I'm sure should be very obliging certainly considering the £'ss she's just forked out. I'll keep the thread open as knowing my mother there'll be something she still cannot get. Thanks as always, Max.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice