Help with Dell Studio 1558 laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

watkins09

Greetings:

I need help. I was given a Dell Studio 1558 laptop, it has a slot drive for CD/DVD's and it does not work, so I cant install an OS on it. It gives an error message at the black screen...PXE error, Operating system not found.. I bought a new HD and still get the same error.
Please help me.. I need this laptop to be working for my job.

you could always pickup an external USB CD/DVD drive, and install the OS using that. Or depending on what OS you are using you may be able to download it online, and install from a USB flash drive

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell Studio 1558 laptop?

It appears to be designed for Windows 7 64-bit and has a TSST TS-T633C 12.7mm Slotload DVD+/-RW drive.

----------------------------------------------------------

Greetings:

I need help. I was given a Dell Studio 1558 laptop, it has a slot drive for CD/DVD's and it does not work, so I cant install an OS on it. It gives an error message at the black screen...PXE error, Operating system not found.. I bought a new HD and still get the same error.
Please help me.. I need this laptop to be working for my job.
did u change the boot order to dvd in the bios???
how do u know the dvd drive doesn't work?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online