1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help With Direcway Internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by KBRAVO, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBRAVO

KBRAVO Thread Starter

I hope that someone will have a answer for this.

I am running 3 pc's and 1 laptop on a LinkSys Wireless network. For my Internet I am using Direcway Satellite via their USB modem and Internet connection Sharing. My problem or question is this. The connection speed in inconsistent. Also I have been told that the internet speed on the client computers is much slower. I can't really tell this because it all seems slow. Is this true that because of the Wireless Network that the connection speed is not what it could be if the network was hard wired?

Also Would I be better off with Verizon DSL vs. Direcway?

Thanks,

Kurt

2. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

The bad thing about satellite internet is the weather can affect the signal. If it's raining hard out, extreme cloud cover or heavy snow.

Another possibility is line of sight. Be sure nothing is in front of the dish itself. Trees, cars......etc.

Call tech support for your system and see if they are having any trouble with the system on there end.

I have Starband and it's great for what i use it for. I know people who have Directway also. They say they like it and don't have much trouble with it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice