help with disable graphics controller

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scrywitch

I want to install new graphics card. I have to disable the card and drivers. How do I go about this? I know I have to go through BIOS, but I don't know how to do that.
I am running XP, Intel(r)82810E graphics controller. I want to install Radeon 9200. Also, is my graphics controller onboard, or where is it located? And when in the heck is the PCI slot??? Thanks, this has been a crazy two days. I just want to run the sims 2.... ;)

I think that is an onboard video. To check, where does your monitor currently plug into your computer? If it plugs in near where the keyboard/mouse/usb plug in... its onboard... If it plugs into one of the slots in the bottom half of the computer, then its a graphics card (either agp or pci) if its in the very top slot, it may be agp, else its pci.

First, install the radeon card. Turn on the computer and install the drivers from the disk that came with it.

Next, reboot your computer, enter the bios config. (hit f2, or <del>, or <ins>, or whichever it says durring the post) There are many different BIOSs... So the names for things here will not be exactly right.... There should be a section for Integrated Periphials, or Chipset Features or something like that.... There should be a setting for OnBoard Video in there somewhere. Set it to disabled. There should also be a setting somewhere in the bios for Initial Video Display... Set it to whichever type of vid card you have (agp or pci). Save settings and reboot.

And when in the heck is the PCI slot???
If you mean *where* the heck is the PCI slot... Pci slots are the row of card expansion slots on your motherboard.... You should have 3-7 of theses. They match up with the expansion slots in the back of your case....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online