1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with dreamweaver 2004

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by c2phace, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c2phace

c2phace Thread Starter

Hello I have a website hosted by www.geocities.com and i have been using Dreamweaver to edit my site. Usually I just save my site and upload all the files individually through geocities Easy Upload program. Recently the Easy Upload program will not upload changed images, I have tried everything to figure it out. What I want to do know is just use Dreamweaver to manage my site, I dont really know how to do that. I have tried the managse sites option but I cant figure out how to get my site into Dreamweaver. The new site i set up will never connect to geocities. I have no idea what the problem is any information would be great.

Thanks for reading - C2phace

2. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

I dont think geocities supports that unless you have one of thier premium plans. why won't it let you uplaod? not enough space, can't upload a file with the same name, does the file name contain spaces?

But in dreamweaver there should be an option that says "Dreamweaver site", I have MX 2004 and you can select that option on the screen that comes up when you start the program. Once you get to that screen though, go about 3 or 4 steps into the wizard and it will come to a screen that says "How do you connect to you remote server" select the right option and then, if all is entered correctly, you can go ahead and upload your completed files.

I'm not sure if I helped or not, but what the heck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice