help with drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shenadowlen

Im not sure if im posting in the right fourm but i have a question. My daughter jammed by cd burner inside the tower and we cant get it to work properly now. My question is is their a way to change the burner drive. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not but thats what i got. If their is how do u do it. Please help

crjdriver

Sure it has four screws and two connectors. One connector is for power [small 4 pin molex plug] and the other is a 40 pin ribbon cable. You might have one more connection for audio, however most of the time that is not used.

Just open the case and disconnect the two connectors. Remove the four screws and slide the drive out. Reverse the procedure to install.

shenadowlen

ok maybe i didnt say it right i heard that you could like go into your computer and change like the cd-rom drive to the drive that burns cd's. is that true?

crjdriver

Ok I am not understanding your question. You have one or more optical [CD type} drives and you want to burn cds with another drive; is that correct?

You can assign any burner as the burner for your burning software, however the drive must be capable of burning CDs. Let's say you have three CD drives; one CDROM, a CDRW, and a DVDRW. You could assign either the dvdrw or the cdrw as the drive used for burning. You could not assign the cdrom because it is not capable of burning disks.

CD burners are pretty cheap now on newegg. I just checked the egg and they are $19.99 for a cd burner.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online