1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with DVD Burner, Please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimiiii, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimiiii

jimiiii Thread Starter

:confused:
    Hey guys, I need some help, again......... :D . I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but then those of you who know me, know I spend most of my time lost........any way, I joined this movie club< Movie Advance and thru them got Limewire for downloading now playing movies to burn onto DVDs, bought me a Liteon-- (DVD-LDW-851SX-R)Lite-On 8x4 DVD±RW external writer. I installed the software that came with it--Sonic MyDVD 4.0 and Cyberlink PowerDVD 5. I know everything is working, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the movies I have stored on my hard drive thru the software and onto a DVD.
    Is there anyone out there who knows of Limewire and the other stuff that can give me a simple, plain speak (read: computer illiterate old Navy SEAL team Senior Chief language) walk thru that explains how to do this?

Always part of the problem and never part of the solution,
    Yours truly,
    the Old Frog, Jim

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Sorry, we don't assist with illegal activities. Buy the movies, then you'll have them on a CD ;)

Closing thread.

3. ~Candy~

Thanks for the email, as an update to the thread, the link you have sent me is under review. It may be later today before a final decision can be made.

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Just as a reference so others don't make the same mistake, the use of this software is still illegal.

Even if a crook claims something is legal doesn't make it so... especially if they're in the process of taking your money at the time. As with other P2P programs, the program itself IS legal... it's just using the program to download movies that's illegal.

Notice their claim: "100% Legal Software" ... Again, the software is legal, it's just using it that's not.

For more information, visit: http://www.stealingisillegal.com/faqs.php#paidp2p

5. ~Candy~

Thanks TechGuy ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice