1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with dvd rom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ashsik, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashsik

ashsik Thread Starter

hey guys...I was just wondering if someone can help me with my problem with my dvd roms...whenever I put a cd or dvd in my dvd rom or dvd rw it wont come up with the auto-run box and when I go into my computer it doesnt show what file it is...I have to double click the drive to get wat I put in...can u please help as it is really annoying

cheers
    ash

2. deanfaulkner

deanfaulkner

hmm. sounds like one of the pins may be broken in the back of the dvd drive or the power isnt pushed in enough. try taking it out and in again and pushin the wires into the mother board in case it isnt in enough.
    dean.

3. ashsik

ashsik Thread Starter

oh k soo u dnt think it is a problem I can fix on the comp?

4. deanfaulkner

deanfaulkner

no probley not but if it dosent work after u tryin the wires like i said u can always try swapin the cd drive wires with the dvd drive wires. then u can tell if it is the socket on the mother board or dvd drive

5. ashsik

ashsik Thread Starter

ok cheers man...do u have msn or some **** soo we can talk more if I have trouble

6. deanfaulkner

deanfaulkner

7. onsite

onsite

I seriously doubt it is a broken pin. What OS do you have ?

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yeah that would mean pins shot on both drives? Have you tried reseating the plugs and cables to them? Did they work before? Any new software or hardware added recently?

9. onsite

onsite

It is not hardware, it is soft ware. I need to know the OS

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice