1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with editing photos !!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by joe2cool, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Help with editing photos !!
    Hi ! as a novice to 'Digital Imaging' after getting a new camera for xmas, just wondered if someone could help?

I have 'Paint Shop Pro 7 with Animation 3' of which I am not finding as straight forward, also using Jasc 'Aftershot' stater edition which appears more straight forward.

Could anyone tell how you would remove a certain colour within picture, the picture in ? is someone's shirt which was two-tone so as reflected a colour I would like to remove.

Is there a straight forward way to do this, don't think Jasc 'Starter edition' as this.

Also say adding objects, putting someone's face on a another body.

Would appreciate any help !!

THX !!

:cool:

2. hewee

hewee

Post a picture joe.

I think it can be done but not sure how PSP.

Maybe I can do it with PhotoImapact

3. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi Hewee,

Just wondered about a certain part of picture to alter the colour?

Also how you add various heads to other pictures & adding objects, do you just cut & paste ? Does this have to be done in 'Animation'?

So you think photoImpact does all this ??

Guess I'll just have to play abit more , get a book !!

;)

4. slipe

slipe

With Photoshop you go Select>Color Range and use the eyedropper to select the shirt color. Once it is selected it acts like a layer and you can adjust just that color. I would think PSP would be similar.

For putting someone’s head in another picture you have to open both photos. Use one of the selection tools to cut out the head – I prefer the magnetic lasso in Photoshop. Move the selection to the target photo and use the transform tool to resize it. Then smooth out any transitions – the smudge tool is nice in Photoshop. You will have similar stuff in PSP.

Animation isn’t involved with either thing you are asking about.

There are more sophisticated techniques for cutting out the head. Do a search for a masking tutorial for PSP. The magnetic selection tools often work better if you use just the color channel with the best contrast. Most masking tutorials go into that.

PSP is a powerful enough program that you aren’t likely to exceed its capabilities for a long time. I would just learn to use that and not try to dabble in every program that comes along. There are more tutorials online than for anything except perhaps Photoshop. It will certainly do the simple stuff you are asking about.

5. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Appreciated Slipe Take Care !! ;)

6. mowerman90

mowerman90

7. suzi

suzi

There are a lot of PSP tutorials and support sites on the net. I can't remember where they are right now, but if you do a google search for Paint Shop Pro tutorials, I'm sure you will come up with a lot of hits and maybe some with forums too.

Here's one I did remember;)

http://groups.msn.com/SignatureWorld/yourwebpage6.msnw

I haven't used it but from glancing at it, I thought it would be helpful.

8. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Thx! Mowerman & Suzi !! Appreciated...........Take Care !! ;)

9. hewee

hewee

Hey I missed your post joe.

Well if I had to pick from the two programs I would pick PhotoImpact.
    But PSP does alot more other things and you can use the .PSP format in other image programs.
    But you can also use PI and save in PSP.

On cut out I use the erase tool that I love over use the cut out tools. You can do the rough cut and then use the erase tools to clean it up.

PhotoImpact come with a Animation program also. I like it better the the one with PSP. The PSP one does more effects and that but I don't like using it. One reason is I got hooked on PhotoImpact before I learn anything about PSP. It is more easy to use then PSP for me.

Bookmark this site.

http://www.imagespro.com/

10. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Thx!! Hewee , looks helpful..............have a great day my friend !! ;)

11. hewee

hewee

Welcome Joe :)

Stay cool buddy :D

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice