1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with encrypted and locked drive !!!!?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tristesseofterra, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tristesseofterra

tristesseofterra Thread Starter

i use bitlocker to lock one of my drive (lets say its A)
    so when i lock drive A, bitlocker asked me to encrypt all of my files etc, so i encrypted the drive, and it takes a long time to complete the encryption, while the encryption file reach 10% suddenly my laptop is not responding, i waited for 1 hours and no progress so i decided to turn off the computer (forced turn off) then turned on again the computer.... the encryption file is not completed and the computer is not responding in the process, and now after that my drive is locked with bitlocker.... will i be able to open my drive A?? i already tried some times and the bitlocker keep not responding if i want to unlock my drive A, i dont have a backup file for my drive A, can i open the drive somehow?? its an external hardisk..... its contain my important files... please??
    my driver that got partially encrypted is a transcend 500GB, storejet 18m/25m type

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/890918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice