1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with encrypted files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Emjay2803, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:03 PM.

Advertisement
  1. Emjay2803

Emjay2803 Thread Starter

I recently replaced my surface pro 4 and I copied all my data to a USB, changed computers and copied all my data to my bee computer. My old computer is gone. However, there were some files on the old computer that I had encrypted and as such I can't access them now. Is there any way to decrypt the files without access to my old computer?

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

The Windows Encryption utility is linked to the User that encrypted the files, that is why the files encrypt and decrypt seamlessly and without user intervention when you are logged in as the User that encrypted the files.

I do not know of any way that such files can be decrypted outside of the User that encrypted them.

T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193190