help with error message after attempting update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

danger.mouse

After reformatting my hp pc I came across a problem updating my media player to 7.1 on the Microsoft updates site. presenting me with this message, error(-2147012889),could somebody please assist me as to what this means.

I haven't been able to come up with anything on that error message. Is that exactly what it said? Have you tried the Download again? Also, what Operating system are you running please?

You can actually get a lot of hits for that exact error, many on the update site, by running it through www.google.com >>Groups>Computers

But no real solutions. The error is evidently associated with a failed DNS resolution of some kind, it is suggested that this may be due to some temporary problem at the update site, or possibly with something running in the background, such as an antivirus program.

There are alternative update sites available, but your system isn't scanned for compatibility and no actual record of the update will be installed if you use one.

See, you're not alone...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=2147012889&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online