1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with excel macros print

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bronwon, Aug 23, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Bronwon

Bronwon Thread Starter

upload_2019-8-23_12-22-28.png

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Do you haave a printer set as the default printer in Devices ? Maybe it needs a default printer. Or the word Active does not mean what think it means.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. Chawbacon

Chawbacon

First Name:
    Jack
    Hello Bronwon,

My initial thought, is to ensure that the HP OJP 6960 truly resides on Ne03 as defined in the posted code.

4. Bronwon

Bronwon Thread Starter

Yes it is the default marked. I even changed the printer name correctly in macros.
    upload_2019-8-26_10-58-2.png

5. Chawbacon

Chawbacon

First Name:
    Jack
    So much for the easy answer.... I just love these generic 1004 errors that Excel throws at us.

Ok. The error message indicates that the macro cannot find the printer being called. So, tackling this in a couple of ways comes to mind.
    1. After your "Application.ActivePrinter..." line, try adding "debug.print application.activeprinter" to find the actual printer name.
      • And/Or
    2. Build an OnError/Resume/Next check to loop through the range (NE00 - Ne16) of network printer port numbers. It is my understanding that these port numbers may change dynamically.
    Good Luck.

6. Bronwon

Bronwon Thread Starter

Someone did this macros and I am not familiar with this but I am appointed to correct this. So can you please write out the exact macros I should do. Another thing is the printer is connected via USB002 port. DOes it change something?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice